Project Selection - Film
One advantage that film has over print journalism is that it is a visual medium. This creates an opportunity not just to depict and display situations that would be more difficult to convey in written form but it allows a filmmaker to create a distinct visual style and flair with their work. A filmmaker can also be as abstract as they want with a film (within a logical limit of course), which is again something that just can't be achieved with print journalism as it is not that type of creative medium. A visual medium may also be far more engaging to an audience. A film is dynamic with multiple camera shots, movement, and dialogue, with music and special effects usually accompanying the final product. This is opposed to an article which relies only on its language and tone with the occasional picture. These are only a few of the inherent advantages of film.
I would definitely be able to write a good plot and script for a film. I do think that I would struggle with framing and composition in any given shot as I am inexperienced with that sort of thing.
I would definitely be able to write a good plot and script for a film. I do think that I would struggle with framing and composition in any given shot as I am inexperienced with that sort of thing.
Comments
Post a Comment