Cover Template

I'd like to begin this post by stating my ultimate decision regarding the subject of my magazine. After careful thought and research, I've decided to base my magazine on coverage of the local arts scene in my hometown and how larger topics in the arts, that stretch beyond the borders of my city, relate to my city's art scene.

Now, for the cover. I chose the title color that I did for the purpose of attraction. Anything that was magenta-ish on any of the covers almost always caught my eye. The font-style changes were merely aesthetic choices approved not only by myself but by my instructor and a few of my peers. The title itself is supposed to be a reference to John Ringling's love of Italian Renaissance era art. It was his interest in this kind of art that brought arts and culture to Sarasota and the title reflects this being the words "Art of Sarasota" translated to Italian.

The photo on the cover is merely a placeholder. It is from St. Armand's Circle, but I just stole it off the internet. I did not take it.


Comments

Popular Posts